Flood Water Removal
The Sani-Clean Truck-Mounted Extraction Method:
Sani-Clean Carpet Cleaners powerful truck-mounted mobile cleaning plant will come to your home, office or place of business to remove the flood water from your valuable.carpets. We have the expertise in using the proper equipment to get your carpets dried as quickly as possible.
Sani-Clean knows the importance of fast action if you've had the misfortune of a flood in your home or business. Sani-Clean, will work to minimize damage to your home. The sooner your possessions can be returned to their pre-flood condition the less disruption to your life.
Don’t let frozen water pipes flood your upstate New York area home this winter
Have you had a frozen water pipe burst? We're flood removal experts. We can extract, dry, sanitize and help get your oriental rug or wall to wall carpet back to it's original condition.
Frozen water pipes for plumbing and heating happen December through February when the temperature is the coldest. Cold temps and high winds resulting in a low wind chill is the major cause of frozen pipes in the wall. The second leading cause is homes not being occupied and losing heat.
Frozen plumbing can be more than a temporary inconvenience. Frozen water pipes can cause major damage when the pipe thaws and the water starts to flow. Frozen hot water heat lines will prevent heat from reaching parts of your home. Water damage can result when a split water pipe occurs due to expansion caused by freezing. Thawing a pipe as soon as possible can help prevent a break in a pipe.
Below are a few steps that you can take to prevent frozen plumbing.
- Let a faucet drip that has a supply pipe running along an outside wall. You do not need a strong flow, just enough to keep the water flowing. Flowing water freezes slower than standing water in a pipe.
- Do not turn your heat down during windy cold days. The cooling down period allows the cold to penetrate walls before it comes into your house. The pipes are exposed to this cold air. Hot water heat is more prone to freezing due to the hot water in the heating lines. Hot water will freeze faster than cold or room temperature water.
- Leave cabinet doors under sinks that face outside walls open. These areas are not generally heated but do receive the cold air coming in through walls. This will help prevent froze water supply and waste piping.
- Insulate walls where piping runs. Opening walls and checking is not always practical. However checking for insulation when walls are open for repairs or remodeling is a great idea.
- Keep garage doors closed when not going in or out. The cold air will freeze pipes exposed to garage walls. These walls are not always insulated as well as outside walls.
- Shut off water to outside faucets. Leaking outside faucets and piping to them are caused by freezing over the winter. We replace many outside faucets and piping in the spring due to freezing.
- Have a neighbor, relative or friend check on your house when you go out of town. Total house freeze ups that require major repair result from homes that the heat goes out and the house gets down below 32 degrees. All the plumbing freezes including toilets, faucets etc. This could amount to costs well over $10,000.00.
Once your plumbing is frozen you have some options:
- Expose the pipe and put a space heater by it. This works when you know where the frozen pipe is. Under sink frozen pipes can be thawed this way. Leave the faucet on so the water can flow when it starts unfreezing.
- Heat up the room where the frozen pipe is. You can use a space heater to heat up a room if it is not too large. Heating up the room will eventually heat up the pipe. This is not a guarantee and may take a long time.
- Call a professional plumber. Plumbers carry equipment that will electrically charge the pipe to warm it up to thaw the pipe. It is recommended that you have a professional do this as there is possibility of damage if not done correctly.
What you do not want to do:
- Ignore it. Your pipe will not thaw by ignoring it. It will either freeze more and then burst or stay frozen until the temperature outside warms well above freezing.
- Use a blowtorch. This can cause the water to heat up too fast in the pipe and cause it to expand thus breaking the pipe. There is also the danger of starting a fire causing more damage than the frozen pipe would cause.
Copyright © 2004-2016 Sani-Clean All Rights Reserved
The Sani-Clean System
Cleans and Sanitizes while instantly extracting all solution,
soil, dander, hair, grease, oil
and residue outside to our
Mobile Cleaning Plant!
Step 1 - Air induction head atomizes high velocity solution.
Step 2 - Hypercharged droplets penetrate and scrub each individual fiber.
Step 3 - Fluid is kept under constant vacuum as it is pulled
out of the fabric and instantly recovered.
Step 4 - Solution never has a chance to soak the into backing.
Gentle Agitation Plus Powerful Extraction Equals Superior Results!
Free Pickup & Delivery In The Capital District and Hudson Valley
Professional Oriental Rug & Carpet Cleaning Since 1983
When Only The Finest Service Will Do, Call Us To Work For You!
New York With Prompt
Courteous Service For 33 Years
Large Enough To Serve,
Small Enough To Care Since 1983
Serving Albany, Columbia, Northern Dutchess, Greene, Rensselaer, Southern Saratoga, Schenectady, and Northern Ulster Counties of Upstate New York