Selecting A Company To Clean Your Fine
Carpets, Rugs and Furniture
Click here for over 50 reasons to choose Sani-Clean over the low price, bait & switch advertisers.
Nationwide, there are more than 45,000 professional carpet
cleaning firms using hundreds of cleaning methods,
processes, chemicals, equipment and endless
combinations of these different ingredients. Most carpet cleaning firms are reputable, but, as in any industry, there are some that lack training and even some who may be unethical.
Some basic suggestions in choosing a cleaning service:
Your own experience or that of a relative or friend is absolutely the best way to choose someone to come into your home or place of business. If you have a consumer organization in your area, call them to ask about a firm BEFORE you schedule an appointment for service.
With a reputable cleaning service, everything necessary for normal cleaning should be included in the quoted price.Odor control treatments,carpet and fabric protectors and difficult spot removal services are usually extra and will be fully explained prior to the service.
The cleaning industry is rife with bait and switch advertisers. Ads touting $15.95 a room may be tempting, but avoid doing business with anyone whose advertising sounds too good to be true. The price of gasoline alone prevents anyone from driving a vehicle and providing a good service at such a low price. These are called "Foot in the Door" operations. There will be extra charges for deep-cleaning, vacuuming, pre-spot treatment, color brightening, grooming and even for using a detergent. A $15.95 a room quote can end up costing hundreds of dollars before they are finished. And some of these operators can be terribly intimidating.
- Schedule an appointment with anyone who solicits your business on the telephone.
- Make an appointment with anyone who canvases your neighborhood.
- Hire anyone who insists on being paid in cash.
- Be pressured into buying extra services you do not want or did not order.
- Allow anyone to bring gasoline, LP gas or other dangerous material into your home.
- Allow a service truck to sit with the engine running adjacent to your home or in an attached garage. Carbon monoxide is insidious and very dangerous.
- Allow anyone to take your credit card away from your premises.
- Allow anyone to dispose of dirty water on your lawn, driveway, street or storm sewer.
- Pay extra for pre-spotting, vacuuming, pile setting, deep scrubbing, dual/triple processes or other so-called enhancements to cleaning. Any that are necessary are part of the normal service of a reputable company.
Be Sure To:
- Ask if they have the necessary licenses to do business in your community.
- Ask if their cleaning technicians have achieved certification.
- Insist on identification before letting someone enter your home.
- Ask if carcinogens or other harmful chemicals such as Butyl Cellosolve®, carbon tetrachloride or high pH chemicals are used in the cleaning process.
- Schedule with someone who answers all of your questions promptly, courteously and to your complete satisfaction.
- Pay with a check or a credit card in the event you are dissatisfied. Credit card companies offer some recourse and you may stop payment on a check.
Copyright © 2004-2016 Sani-Clean All Rights Reserved
Free Pickup & Delivery In The Capital District and Hudson Valley
Professional Oriental Rug & Carpet Cleaning Since 1983
When Only The Finest Service Will Do, Call Us To Work For You!
New York With Prompt
Courteous Service For 33 Years
Large Enough To Serve,
Small Enough To Care Since 1983
Serving Albany, Columbia, Northern Dutchess, Greene, Rensselaer, Southern Saratoga, Schenectady, and Northern Ulster Counties of Upstate New York